Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Korean Wedding

I don't know how, but I managed to get myself invited to a wedding in Daegu. Well, weddings work differently in Korea, you don't actually have to be invited to attend. There's no RSVP, no chicken or fish, no real dress code either...I saw someone wearing jeans. It was my co-teacher's husband's second cousin's wedding...I think.

Driving to Daegu...in rainy weather

Daegu is a major city (3rd largest in South Korea). It's an hour from Pohang.






My co-teacher, Mrs. Jeung



The wedding

The actual ceremony was all of 20 minutes.







Ms. Jeung, her sister-in-law, and her nephew



The umbrella was supposed to be a sword.




Reception?

OK, reception isn't really the word for what happened after the ceremony. We basically just went downstairs to the restaurant to feast :D




No comments:

Post a Comment